S1 – Advance Financial Accounting & Corporate Reporting
By Hasnain R. Badami
The course will help you map and apply IFRSs to questions, practice questions of variety of scenarios using comprehensive question bank, engaging lectures and interactive assessments.
ICMAP in the past few years have moved to more of application-based approach of testing at S1 level. It has not only raised the bar of financial reporting but have also increased the level of complexity. The course will help you map and apply IFRSs to questions, practice questions of variety of scenarios using comprehensive question bank, engaging lectures and interactive assessments.
The syllabus for Advanced Financial Accounting and Corporate Reporting, assumes knowledge acquired at the Intermediate and Fundamental levels including the core technical capabilities to prepare and analyse financial reports for single and combined entities. The syllabus requires students to examine corporate reporting from a number of perspectives, not only from the point of view of the preparer of corporate reports, but also from the perspective of a variety of different stakeholders such as finance providers. The syllabus further requires the assessment and evaluation of the reporting decisions made by management and their implications for a range of stakeholders and entities. It also explores the professional and ethical responsibilities of the accountant to these stakeholders.
The subject matter of the syllabus requires students to have a cohesive understanding of the IASB’s Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting and to use the Framework as a basis for judgement in applying International Financial Reporting Standards in corporate reports. The syllabus considers both the principles and practices of IFRS and uses these principles as a basis for the preparation of the financial statements of single entities and groups.
- COMPLETE & Comprehensive Course Coverage (as suggested in ICMAP Syllabus).
- Variety of Questions ADDED incl. Questions from multiple professional qualifications.
- Detailed week wise study plans along with clear Study Roadmap.
- Well-researched & beautiful set of books/ study material (delivered at your doorstep!)
- Engaging lectures recorded and updated on Learning Glass technology
- Exam focused & Extensive Practice of Past Papers
- Mock Exams are conducted and assessed.
- Active WhatsApp Groups for queries/ support. Committed cohort of learners
- Access Anywhere, Anytime with best preparation strategy, content & support!
HASNAIN R. BADAMI
Hasnain Raza Badami is a qualified Chartered Accountant with cumulative experience of 11+ years in the profession. He also holds a master’s degree in Philosophy – with critical thinking as his area of research interest. His particularly versatile academic background from humanities and business is what makes his classrooms a thoroughly intriguing experience.
Hasnain believes in learning through experience and stories. His real life stories come from his equally diverse experience working in large local and multinational organisations, as well as from training professionals, teachers, and students. More specifically, he has worked with Ernst & Young (Karachi, Dubai and Jeddah offices) and also with Internal Audit function at Engro Polymer before he finally quit Engro to pursue his passion for learning and development work. Presently, he is the co-founder and Director of Ingenium Business solutions that is working in leadership, finance, and digital learning space.
- IAS 16: Property, Plant and Equipment
- IAS 36: Impairment of Assets
- IFRIC 01: Changes in Existing Decommissioning, Restoration and Similar Liabilities
- IFRS 08: Operating Segments
- IFRS 02: Share-based Payment
- Consolidation: Basic Consolidation Techniques & Changes in group structure
- Consolidation Complex Group Structures
- IAS 33: Earnings Per Share
- IAS 21: The Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates
- IAS 07: Cash Flow Statement
- IFRS 09, IFRS 07, IAS 32: Financial Instruments
- IFRS 13: Fair Value Measurement
- IFRS 5: Non-current Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations
- IFRS 5 and Consolidation Changes in Group Structure
- IAS 19: Employee Benefits
Part A – Matters Related to Recognition and Measurement
(35 Hours – 20% weightage in S1 exams)Rs. 6000
IFRS 09, IFRS 07, IAS 32 : Financial Instruments
IFRS 13 : Fair Value Measurement
IFRS 02 : Share-based Payment
IAS 19 : Employee Benefits
IAS 16 : Property, Plant and Equipment
IAS 36 : Impairment of Assets
IFRIC 01 : Changes in Existing Decommissioning, Restoration and Similar Liabilities
Part B & Part C – Consolidation Basic and Complex Group
(25 Hours – 55% weightage in S1 exam)Rs. 4500
Consolidation: Basic Consolidation Techniques & Changes in group structure
IFRS 5: Non-current Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations
IFRS 5 and Consolidation Changes in Group Structure
Consolidation Complex Group Structures
IAS 21 : The Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates
IAS 07: Cash Flow Statement
Part D – Performance Reporting
(10 hours – 15% weightage in S1 Exams)Rs. 3500
IFRS 08 : Operating Segments
IAS 33 : Earnings Per Share