CAF 8 – Cost and Management Accounting (Regular/Refresher – March 2021)
By Imad Uddin
This course is designed to provide students and equip with the techniques of management accounting to provide a knowledge base for decision making skills.
This online course of Cost and Management Accounting is designed to provide students with the fundamental concept of cost associated with products, its importance and need throughout their practical lives. The course equips students with the mindset, skills, procedures, and techniques to provides a knowledge for decision making. On the completion of this paper candidates will be able to establish the costs associated with the production of products, demonstrate an understanding of different costing systems, prepare various types of forecasts and budgets.
- Complete and Comprehensive Course Coverage
- Detailed week-wise study plan.
- Engaging recorded lectures.
- Extensive Practice of past papers.
- Live webinar sessions.
- Mock tests.
Imad uddin is a GARP verified financial risk manager and a CA finalist. He specializes in Audit, Risk Advisory and Financial Analysis. He believes in equipping his students with problem-solving skills by inculcating logic-based approach in them. Letting his students step back, he helps them absorb the logic layer by layer and then master the details. Once the foundation is laid, he focuses on increasing accuracy and speed. At TSB, he uses his unique style of teaching to help students firmly grasp the concepts of cost and management accounting.
Costs associated with production
- Basis of valuation
- Economic Order Quantity
- Safety stock
- Re-order level
- Manufacturing expenses – actual and applied
- Over or under absorbed overhead
- Production and service departments
- Apportionment, allocation and absorption of service departments, overheads to production
- Labour Costing
- Marginal costing
- Absorption costing
- Manufacturing cost accounting cycle
- Job order costing
- Process costing
- Treatment of Joint and By-Products
- Cost of services rendered
- Standard costing
- Variance analysis-material, labour and overhead
- Target costing
Budget budgetary controls and decision making
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting of sales, cost and profit
- Opportunity cost
- Relevant cost
- Breakeven analysis
- Make or buy decisions
- Pricing for special orders
- Further processing decisions
Financial instruments (basic functions) , Time value of money and Sustainability reporting
- Business Finance: Shares, debentures, bonds, futures, options, cap, floor, collar, swaps, forward
- Computation and usefulness of net present value and internal rate of return
- An introduction to sustainability reporting