CAF 8 – Cost and Management Accounting
By Kashif Zia
This course is designed to provide students and equip with the techniques of management accounting to provide a knowledge base for decision making skills.
This online course of Cost and Management Accounting is designed to provide students with the fundamental concept of cost associated with products, its importance and need throughout their practical lives. The course equips students with the mindset, skills, procedures, and techniques to provides a knowledge for decision making. On the completion of this paper candidates will be able to establish the costs associated with the production of products, demonstrate an understanding of different costing systems, prepare various types of forecasts and budgets.
- Complete and Comprehensive Course Coverage
- Detailed week-wise study plan.
- Engaging recorded lectures.
- Extensive Practice of past papers.
- Live webinar sessions.
- Mock tests.
Sir Kashif Zia (A.C.M.A) is a fabled figure in the field of teaching. Kashif Zia is a eminent instructor of CAF 8 Cost Accounting in CA (ICAP). He carries with him a extensive experience of 15 years of teaching with more than 15,000 students to date. He is Managing Director of Prime Education Network and also teaching in KnS school of business Studies and other institutes.
Costs associated with production
- Basis of valuation
- Economic Order Quantity
- Safety stock
- Re-order level
- Manufacturing expenses – actual and applied
- Over or under absorbed overhead
- Production and service departments
- Apportionment, allocation and absorption of service departments, overheads to production
- Labour Costing
- Marginal costing
- Absorption costing
- Manufacturing cost accounting cycle
- Job order costing
- Process costing
- Treatment of Joint and By-Products
- Cost of services rendered
- Standard costing
- Variance analysis-material, labour and overhead
- Target costing
Budget budgetary controls and decision making
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting of sales, cost and profit
- Opportunity cost
- Relevant cost
- Breakeven analysis
- Make or buy decisions
- Pricing for special orders
- Further processing decisions
Financial instruments (basic functions) , Time value of money and Sustainability reporting
- Business Finance: Shares, debentures, bonds, futures, options, cap, floor, collar, swaps, forward
- Computation and usefulness of net present value and internal rate of return
- An introduction to sustainability reporting